Monday. My last day of quarantine. Saigon is pretty much locked down, but just the ability to buy food and water will be a major step up. And I should be able to walk in the mornings again, as long as it’s early.
Zoom is becoming my main means of communication.
Embracing the new post-quarantine reality with grim enthusiasm. If this is the apocalypse, I’m going to crush it.
- Shopping. Get lock-down supplies
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwashing soap
- Disposable razors
- Lost my phone in Narita on March 11. I’ve been using an AT&T burner I picked up at a walmart near scottsdale.
- I’ve decided on a Redmi 8. Cheap, reliable, cheap. I’ll pick one up at Thegioididong https://www.thegioididong.com/ .
- Find a place to get my old number or get a new number. Will take a new number temporarily if it seems to be difficult right now.
- Revise syllabus for H.
- I called J at the Dubai campus, where I learned that the May 15 class would entail a 2 week quarantine on arriving in the UAE. I would then fly back — if VN let me in it would be ANOTHER 2 weeks – in a pricey private hotel, if I’m lucky. So we opted to push the live class back to July. I had spoken with N about syllabus and other issues about 3 days earlier, and I told her I’d be making a few last-minute updates. Now, however, I think I’ll leave the live class alone and focus on revising the online course. Still, I have to come back to N with a final version of the live syllabus. I’ll show her a draft of the revised online syll. Do that today.
- Finish writing and video for the new GTI sim.
- The year is 2023, and a company that looks A LOT like Zoom Video Communication has hired your team to negotiate market entry to either Hanoi, Dubai, or Helsinki. I’ll use this as a capstone that reviews the whole process — and lets us finish on a high note.
- Prep Toolbox video.
- Put together The Go Bag.
So that might take a couple of days…
J is going to Phoenix today. It happens Tues – probably late morning , local time. Call A later. Wait until later in the week, call Mother in the morning.